Katherine Lung is a senior at the University of Minnesota. Her senior project is a dance/film performance piece that focuses on Third Culture Kids. But, she needs need your input! Please make a video of yourself answering the questions at the bottom of this post, and then post it to YouTube! (You can also email submissions to Katherine at email@example.com).
Title it: KJL project interviews – ____________ (First name, last initial)
Tag it: KJL, Denizenmag, TCK, — and any other words you find appropriate
Answer it: Questions at the bottom of this post.
Deadline: April 12, 2009
Here are some examples:
Here’s the note from Katherine:
Dear Participants and Collaborators,
I am creating a dance/film performance piece for my senior project and I need your TCK voices! It only takes a video recording device and your open mind! Please make a video of YOU answering these questions about your TCK experience. You can get as creative as you want, and there really is no time limit. GO CRAZY! Your contributions will be incorporated into this piece as the soundscape… and I’d like as much diversity in voice and opinion as possible. (Just a warning, visual aspects may or may not get used)
I will credit every single interview. Answer these questions as detailed as you wish.
1. Basic background info:
Name, age, ethnicity, birth city, current city.
Mother’s ethnicity and birth city, Father’s ethnicity and birth city
Passport country(s), residency(s), citizenship(s)?
What do you identify yourself as?
Did you learn to speak first?
Is your primary language?
Do you speak with your grandparents/parents/siblings if differs?
Which cities have you lived and how long respectively?
2. Where is your home ? When did you leave it, and how did you cope with the change? Was it a positive change or negative change, and how?
3. When you are homesick, what do you do?
4. How would you describe the bond between TCKs? How does it differ from relationships with non-TCKs?
5. What comes to mind when you think of airports?
6. If you had one more day to live, where would you ideally be, and why?
7. Are you glad to be a TCK? Why or why not?